Tuesday 19 August 2008

Olé! Argentina!

Argentina beat Brazil 3-0 with lots of speed, skill and amazing flair.
1st half was pretty exciting. Messi played like there was no tomorrow..deluding the Brazilians with his footwork and getting pass them by sheer speed. Argentina gained possession most of the time and their strong midfield tired out the Brazilian side. The second half came to a quiet start but the excitement started again when Aguero scored a Maradona-esque goal in the 53rd minute. The second goal was beautiful team play by Messi, Garay and Di Maria, delivered with ease by Aguero. Ronaldinho had a shot from a free kick, but it was so "accurate", it had to hit the post. :P The last goal was a penalty taken by Riquelme.
By the second half, the Brazilians were tired and desperate,.Ronaldinho was fast, but his team mates couldn't keep up with his pace. And as if trailing by 3 goals weren't enough, they couldn't leave themselves with some saving grace by keeping 11 men on the field. tsk tsk.. In all, GREAT match. Only regret was that Messi didn't score prolly cause he was marked crazy. Di Maria was also surprisingly good.. undertaking the role of play maker along side Messi. (I'm biased I know, but all fans are biased, so please forgive us)

It's been a while since I've wanted a team to win.. only caught a few matches of Euro 08 and Italy has been really painful to watch. Their U-23 no better. 1 Giovinco cannot save the team, but he looks promising, so I'll keep my toes crossed. I hope he doesn't grow up to be another Inzaghi. For now, it shall be Argentina. (I'll need to thank Kerng for this). And Lionel Messi is really GOOD, I don't know how not to love him. I think I found a substitue for my "super-sub baby-faced assasin". This time YOUNGER and BETTER.. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CHeryl Is Bloggging?!!?

WAT THE HELL..

This is unacceptable!
CHINA SUCKS!

Your gurlfren,
Wes.